S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering (전기·정보공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_전기·정보공학부)
Low-Complexity Unitary Preprocessing Scheme for Limited Feedback Multiuser MIMO Systems
- Lee, Hyoungjoo; Sohn, Illsoo; Lee, Kwang Bok
- Issue Date
- The 15th Asia-Pacific Conference on Communications (APCC 2009), Shanghai, pp. 269-272
- Multiuser MIMO; MIMO broadcast channel; linear preprocessing; unitary preprocessing; limited-feedback
- In this paper, a practical downlink multiuser
multiple-input multiple-output (MU-MIMO) scheme with lowrate
feedback channel is considered. Firstly, we propose a
preferred-beam feedback method, which effectively conveys information
of user channel and inter-user interference. Secondly,
we propose a new low-complexity method to compute unitary
preprocessing matrix based on the feedback method. The proposed
method reduces considerably computational complexity by
utilizing SVD operation compared to the conventional unitary
preprocessing scheme. Finally, for the case that the number of
users exceeds the number of transmit antennas, we provide two
simple user selection algorithms to exploit multiuser diversity.
Numerical results show that the proposed low-complexity unitary
preprocessing scheme achieves higher sum-rate than previous
linear preprocessing schemes, especially at low SNR or with small
number of active users.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.