S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dept. of Medicine (의학과) The Seoul Journal of Medicine The Seoul Journal of Medicine Vol. 12 No.4 (1971)
A Study on the Property of LDH Isoenzymes of Rabbits
- Chung, Duk-Jai; Kimm, Sung-Wun
- Issue Date
- 서울대학교 의과대학
- Seoul J Med, Vol.12 No.4, pp. 209-216
- The present paper reported on the nature of
pyruvate inhibition of LDH isoenzymes with
and without urea. The crude LDH isoenzymes
were prepared from rabbit heart muscle for
the H-LDH and from rabbit psoas muscle for
the M~LDH, with the following conclusions.
1. It is possible to obtain 4~5 fold purification
of the LDH isoenzymes from rabbit heart
and psoas muscles only with ammonium sulfate
fractionation and DEAE-cellu1eJse treatment.
2. In electrophoresis a new method of staining
is proposed as follows; after electrophoresis
with agarose gel a cellulose acetate strip,
presoaked in the staining mixture, is overlapped
on top of the agarose gel, followed by
incubation and densitometry.
In so doing, a kinetic study on the LDH
isoenzymes could be possible through formazan
staining, instead of UV spectrophotometry.
3. The H-LDH isoenzyme activity is more
markedly inhibited than the M-LDH isoenzyme
4. Under the presence of urea, pyruvate
inhibition of H-LDH isoenzyme decreases,
while that of M-LDH isoenzyme increases.