S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
A Novel Process to Control the Surface Roughness and Resistivity of Electroplated Cu Using Thiourea
- Kang, Moo Sung; Kim, Soo-Kil; Kim, Jae Jeong
- Issue Date
- Japan Society of Applied Physics
- Japanese Journal of Applied Physics 44 (2005) 8107-8109
- Thiourea is a well-known additive in the electroplating industry due to its excellent ability to reduce surface roughness.
However, sulfur dissociated from the thiourea is often incorporated into the plated Cu film as the byproduct CuS, which then
increases the film’s resistivity. The two-step Cu electroplating method proposed here deposited a smoother Cu surface film
and matched the resistivity (after annealing) attained using methods that employ a thiourea-free electroplating of the Cu film.
The Cu film obtained through two-step plating contained a sulfur concentration that was below the detection limit of Auger
electron spectroscopy (AES).
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.