S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Ophthalmology (안과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_안과학전공)
Intraocular lens power calculation in high myopic eyes with previous radial keratotomy
- Han, Eui Seok; Lee, Jin Hak
- Issue Date
- J Refract Surg. 2006;22(7):713-716
- Adult; Corneal Topography; Female; Humans; *Keratotomy, Radial; Lens Implantation, Intraocular; *Lenses, Intraocular; Myopia/*surgery; *Optics and Photonics; *Phacoemulsification; Retrospective Studies
- PURPOSE: To determine an accurate method of intraocular lens (IOL) power calculation in highly myopic eyes with previous radial keratotomy (RK). METHODS: Five eyes that had undergone RK with preoperative myopia >-14.0 diopters (D) were studied retrospectively. The keratometric values obtained with the clinical history method, contact lens over-refraction method, conventional keratometry, adjusted keratometry, and Orbscan II were compared to the true keratometric value calculated retrospectively with the SRK/T formula. RESULTS: The true keratometric value was closest to that from the contact lens over-refraction method in one eye and to the flatter keratometric value between simulated keratometry (Sim K) and the 3-mm diameter central zone mean keratometric value obtained with axial keratometric power map of Orbscan II in four eyes. CONCLUSIONS: The flatter keratometric value between Sim K and the 3-mm zone mean keratometric value from Orbscan II was closest to the true postoperative RK keratometric value of the central cornea.
- 1081-597X (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.