S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Internal Medicine (내과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_내과학전공)
Gene expression patterns in glucose-stimulated podocytes
- Han, Seung Hyeok; Yang, Sanghwa; Jung, Dong Sub; Li, Jin Ji; Kim, Jin Ju; Kwak, Seung Jae; Kim, Dong Ki; Moon, Sung Jin; Lee, Jung Eun; Han, Dae-Suk; Kang, Shin-Wook
- Issue Date
- Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 370 (2008) 514-518
- Animals; Blotting, Western; Cells, Cultured; Diabetic Nephropathies/*genetics/pathology; Disease Models, Animal; Gene Expression/drug effects; *Gene Expression Profiling; Glucose/*metabolism/pharmacology; Mice; Podocytes/drug effects/*metabolism/pathology; Rats; Reverse Transcriptase Polymerase Chain Reaction
- To explore the mechanisms of podocyte injury under diabetic conditions, we performed an expression profile in glucose-stimulated podocytes. Differential gene expression profiles between conditionally immortalized mouse podocytes cultured in medium containing 5.6 and 30 mM glucose were measured with oligonucleotide microarrays. Of the genes identified, heme oxygenase-1, vascular endothelial growth factor-A, and thrombospondin-1 showed a consistently increased pattern, whereas angiotensin-converting enzyme-2 and peroxisomal proliferator activator receptor-gamma were down-regulated. These results were validated using real-time PCR and western blotting in podocytes, and with immunohistochemistry on renal tissues from streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Not only is this the first report of gene expression profiling of podocyte injury under diabetic conditions, but the identified genes are promising targets for future diabetes research.
- 1090-2104 (Electronic)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.