S-Space College of Dentistry/School of Dentistry (치과대학/치의학대학원) Dept. of Dentistry (치의학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_치의학과)
MG-63 세포주에서 Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) mRNA 발현에 대한 Insulin-like Growth Factor I (IGF-I)의 효과에 대한 연구 : The effects of Insulin-like Growth Factor I (IGF-I) on expression of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor(VEGF) mRNA in MG-63 osteoblastlike cells
Cited 0 time in Web of Science Cited 0 time in Scopus
- Issue Date
- J Kor Oral Maxillofac Surg 2005;31:363-369
- Osteogenesis ; Angiogenesis ; Vascular endothelial growth factor ; Insulin-like growth factor I ; MG-63 cell line
- Purpose: To determine the role of Insulin-like Growth Factor-I (IGF-I) in the regulation of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) expression
in MG-63 cells and then to find the mechanism b which this regulation occurs.
Materials and methods: MG-63 cells were grown to confluence in 60-mm dishes. To determine the effects of IGF-I on expression of VEGF
mRNA according to time and concentration, the cells were treated with 10 nM IGF-I, following isolation of total RNA and Northern blot analysis after
1, 2, 4, 8, 12, 24 hours and after 2 hours of treatment with 0.5, 2, 10, 25, 50 nM IGF-I respectively, isolation of total RNA and Northern blot analysis
were followed. To determine the mechanism of action of IGF-I, inhibitors such as hydroxyurea (76.1 ㎍/㎖), actinomycin D (2.5 ㎍/㎖), cycloheximide
(10 ㎍/㎖) were added 1 hour after treatment of 10 nM IGF-I.
Results: 1. the expression of VEGF mRNA was increased with treatment of IGF-I.
2. The expression of VEGF mRNA was increased according to time- and concentration dependent manner of IGF-I.
3. The effect of IGF-I was decreased by hydroxyuera, actinomycin D, but not by cycloheximide.
Conclusion: IGF-I regulate the expression of VEGF mRNA in the level of DNA synthesis and transcription. These results could suggest that IGF-I
plays an important role in angiogenesis in the process of new bone formation and remodeling.
- Files in This Item:
Items in S-Space are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.