S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering (전기·정보공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_전기·정보공학부)
Utilization of Multipaths for Spread-Spectrum Code Acquisition in Frequency-Selective Rayleigh Fading Channels
- Shin, Oh-Soon; Lee, Kwang Bok
- Issue Date
- IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 49, pp.734-743, April 2001
- Acquisition; frequency-selective Rayleigh fading; joint triple-cell detection; nonconsecutive search; spread-spectrum
- Paper approved by Z. Kostic, the Editor for Wireless Communication of the IEEE Communications Society. Manuscript received February 22, 2000; revised July 2, 2000.
This paper was presented in part at the 11th IEEE Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC 2000), London, U.K., September 2000.
- A novel acquisition scheme that utilizes multipaths
to improve acquisition performance is proposed for frequency-selective
fading channels. The proposed acquisition scheme employs
nonconsecutive search and joint triple-cell detection. The performance
is analyzed in frequency-selective Rayleigh fading channels.
Equations for the probabilities of detection and false alarm are derived,
and an expression for the mean acquisition time is developed.
The mean acquisition time performance of the proposed and
conventional acquisition schemes is evaluated and compared. It is
found that the proposed acquisition scheme significantly outperforms
the conventional one. The effects of various channel parameters
such as the number of resolvable paths, the shape of the multipath
intensity profile (MIP) and the signal-to-interference ratio
(SIR) on acquisition performance are also investigated.