S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering (전기·정보공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_전기·정보공학부)
Antenna-Assisted Round Robin Scheduling for MIMO Cellular Systems
- Shin, Oh-Soon; Lee, Kwang Bok
- Issue Date
- IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 7, pp. 109-111, Mar. 2003
- Multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO); multiuser diversity; packet scheduling; round robin scheduling (RRS)
- Manuscript received September 30, 2002. The associate editor for coordinating
the review process of this letter and approving it for publication was Dr.
I. S. Venieris.
- Packet scheduling is investigated for the downlink
of a multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) cellular system. We
propose an antenna-assisted round robin scheduling (AA-RRS)
scheme to improve the conventional RRS scheme. The AA-RRS
scheme provides fair channel access chance to users as the RRS
scheme, whereas it increases the system capacity through the
effective use of multiple antennas in achieving a diversity effect
from multiple users. Simulation results show that the AA-RRS
scheme achieves a significant capacity gain over the RRS scheme.
We also investigate the effects of long-term power control on the
system capacities for the proposed scheduling scheme.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.