S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering (전기·정보공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_전기·정보공학부)
Acquisition for DS/CDMA Systems With Multiple Antennas in Frequency-Selective Fading Channels
- Je, Hui Won; Shin, Oh-Soon; Lee, Kwang Bok
- Issue Date
- IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 2, pp. 787-798, July 2003
- Acquisition; decision strategy; direct-sequence code-division multiple access (DS/CDMA); multiple antennas; nonconsecutive search
- Manuscript received December 27, 2001; revised July 15, 2002; accepted October
26, 2002. The editor coordinating the review of this paper and approving it for publication is D. I. Kim.
- A generalized code acquisition scheme for direct-
sequence code-division multiple-access systems with multiple
antennas is proposed over frequency-selective fading channels.
The proposed scheme is developed on the framework of a generalized
configuration of multiple antennas and correlators. The
nonconsecutive search method is generalized and extended to
multiple antenna systems to exploit multipath signals in improving
acquisition performance over frequency-selective fading channels.
The proposed scheme also adopts a hybrid decision strategy to
make effective decisions on acquisition. The mean acquisition time
performance of the proposed acquisition scheme is analyzed and
evaluated in frequency-selective Rayleigh-fading channels with
general multipath delay profiles and spatial-fading correlations.
The effects of nonconsecutive search on mean acquisition time are
investigated for various channel environments, and the optimal
choice of decision strategy is discussed. Furthermore, effects
of various configurations of multiple antennas and correlators,
decision thresholds, and correlation interval on the performance
are also investigated.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.