S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Architecture and Architectural Engineering (건축학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_건축학과)
Vibrational energy flow analysis of penetration beam-plate coupled structures
- Song, J. -H.; Hong, S. -Y.; Kil, H. -G.; Kang, Y.
- Issue Date
- KOREAN SOC MECHANICAL ENGINEERS
- JOURNAL OF MECHANICAL SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY; Vol.25 3; 567-576
- Energy flow analysis; Power transmission coefficient; Power reflection coefficient; Wave transmission approach
- This study concern; the transmission of vibrational energy through beam-plate junctions by energy flow analysis, which is an analytic tool for predicting the frequency averaged vibration response of built-up structures in the medium to high frequency ranges. A semiinfinite beam perpendicularly connected to an infinite plate is studied using the wave transmission approach. To calculate the power transmission and the..-eflection coefficients of the beam-plate junction, compatibility and equilibrium conditions are applied when each wave component is incident on the beam and plate, respectively. Power coefficients are calculated and plotted against frequencies for different dimensions and the directivity pattern of the scattered waves in the plate show close agreement with that of the rigid inclusion as the frequency increases. The results obtained are applied to the finite beam and the circular plate coupled structure, and the energy densities obtained from energy flow analysis show better agreement with analytic solution results as frequencies are increased.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.