S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Industrial Engineering (산업공학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_산업공학과)
Economic-statistical Design of 2-of-2 and 2-of-3 Runs Rule Scheme
- Kim, Young-Bok; Hong, Jung-Sik; Lie, Chang-Hoon
- Issue Date
- JOHN WILEY & SONS LTD
- QUALITY AND RELIABILITY ENGINEERING INTERNATIONAL; Vol.25 2; 215-228
- economic-statistical design; Markov chain approach; average run length; runs rule; average time to signal
- In this paper, we investigate the economic-statistical design method for the 2-of-2 runs rule and the 2-of-3 runs rule. The Markov chain approach is used to obtain the average run length and the process cycle time. In addition, a simplified algorithm is presented to search the optimal setting of the design parameters. A numerical example and sensitivity analysis are also provided to compare the performances of the runs rules. The results show that the use of runs rule scheme can reduce operating cost comparing with the Shewhart control chart while maintaining a good statistical performance. Copyright (C) 2008 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.