S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Pharmacology (약리학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_약리학전공)
Transferrin induces interleukin-18 expression in chronic myeloid leukemia cell line, K-562
- Park, Sunyoung; Kim, Tae Sung; Kim, Cherlhyun; Kim, Seonghan; Park, Hyunjeong; Cho, Dae-Ho; Bang, Sa Ik
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- LEUKEMIA RESEARCH; Vol.33 2; 315-320
- Transferrin is an iron carrier protein involved in iron uptake and the regulation of cell growth. Although highly proliferative cells express transferrin and its receptor. little is known about the role of transferrin in the cellular response to cytokine production. The non-iron-bound form of transferrin (apo-transferrin) was administered to human chronic myeloid leukemia cell line, K-562 cells to assess Whether it could induce interleukin-18 (IL-18). Apo-transferrin enhanced IL-18 mRNA and protein and. moreover, IL-18 secretion was increased by treatment with apo-transferrin. In conclusion, apo-transferrin regulates IL-18 expression and we suggest that it is involved in cytokine production. (C) 2008 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.