S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Neurosurgery (신경외과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_신경외과학전공)
Genetic Profiling in Human Adipose Tissue-Derived Mesenchymal Stromal Cells from the Idiopathic and Familial Parkin-Deficient Patients of Parkinson`s Disease in Comparison with non-PD patients
- Moon, Hyo-Eun; Park, Hyung Woo; Shin, Hye Young; Paek, Seung Leal; Son, Jin H.; Paek, Sun Ha; Kim, Dong Gyu
- Issue Date
- TISSUE ENGINEERING AND REGENERATIVE MEDICINE; Vol.7(2); 237-247
- parkinson`s disease; cDNA microarray human adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stromal cells; biomarker diagnosis
- Purpose: With an approach of carrying out a transcriptome microarray analysis using early-passage adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stromal cells from human adult patients with early-onset hereditary parkin deficient Parkinson`s disease (PD) as well as late-onset idiopathic PD, we aimed to understand brain pathology in PD patients. Methods: Here, we isolated human adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stromal cells (hAD-MSCs) of patients with idiopathic PD and parkin deficient PD in comparison with non-PD patients and profiled their gene expression using Affymetrix cDNA microarray analysis. Human adipose tissue is a rich source of MSCs, providing an abundant and accessible source of adult stem cells. Results: The hAD-MSCs of patients with idiopathic PD were named as "PD", with parkin deficient PD as "Parkin" and with pituitary adenoma as "non-PD" shortly. Initially, Differentially Expressed Genes (DEGs, total 413 genes) were classified and summarized among non-PD, PD and Parkin. Moreover, using K-mean clustering analysis, we grouped DEGs into 7 clusters and gene names and genebank accession numbers between 2 and 6 were arranged. Additionally, the functional groups of human biomarker candidates were organized and compared between non-PD vs. PD and non-PD vs. Parkin. Finally, PD-related differentially regulated genes by oxidative stress were categorized among non-PD, PD and Parkin. Conclusions: This study showed that knowledge of selective gene expression profile derived from PD patients might potentially lead to better understanding of PD pathology and development of early diagnosis and effective therapy targeted their human biomarkers.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.