S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering (전기·정보공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_전기·정보공학부)
Grating-coupled transmission-type surface plasmon resonance sensors based on dielectric and metallic gratings
- Byun, Kyung Min; Kim, Sung June; Kim, Donghyun
- Issue Date
- Optical Society of America
- Appl. Opt. 46, 5703-5708 (2007)
- We investigated grating-coupled transmission-type surface plasmon resonance (SPR) for sensing applications.
In the transmission-type SPR structure, propagating surface plasmons are outcoupled to radiation
modes by dielectric and metallic gratings on a metal film. The results calculated in air and water
suggest that the proposed structures present extremely linear sensing characteristics. In terms of a figure
of merit, a metallic grating-based structure performs 5.4 and 3.7 times better than that of a dielectric
grating in air and water, respectively.
- 0003-6935 (print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.