S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dept. of Medicine (의학과) The Seoul Journal of Medicine The Seoul Journal of Medicine Vol. 23 No.3 (1982)
한국인의 Somatotype에 관한 연구
A Study on the Somatotype of the Korean
- Issue Date
- 서울대학교 의과대학
- Seoul J Med, Vol.23 No.3, pp. 285-291
- The author has measured and observed the 51
Gyeong-Nam Korean females by the Sheldon's somato
typing method, determined the parameters and the
following conclusions have been drawn.
1. There are 9 types of the descriptive classification
and 15 somatotypes.
2. In the descriptive classification about 47% of
the specimens belong to endomorphic, about 33% to
the balanced, about 10% to the mesomorphic and
ectomorphic groups respectively.
3. In the somatotype about 26% of the specimens
belong to the type 443, about 1896 to the types 543
and 542 respectively, and the remaining types are
scattered in small cases. The somatotypes in the
teens of age are inclined to the mesomorphic and
in the twenties to the endomorphic types.
4. The average somatotype is 443 in general, and
the type 443 of the teens of age changes to the
type 543 in the twenties.