S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Architecture and Architectural Engineering (건축학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_건축학과)
Productivity management methodology using productivity achievement ratio
- Kim, Tae Wan; Lee, Hyun-soo; Park, Moonseo; Yu, Jung-Ho
- Issue Date
- KSCE JOURNAL OF CIVIL ENGINEERING, Vol.15, No.1, pp.23-31
- productivity; reduction factor; productivity achievement ratio; regression analysis; productivity management
- Although construction productivity has received a great deal of attention from construction practitioners and researchers, few research efforts have specifically evaluated productivity in the context of the productivity management cycle. Consequently, there is still a lack of useful indicators for determining which items should be prioritized and improved upon in order to yield the highest benefits from productivity management. In an effort to address this issue, this study proposes the Productivity Achievement Ratio (PAR), which is a productivity evaluation indicator that will assist in the selection of the most appropriate management items for construction productivity enhancement. Using a multiple linear regression analysis, the process for calculating the PAR is developed, and the applicability of the proposed indicator is verified through a case study of steel erection work. The results of this study indicate that the PAR can aid construction practitioners in achieving more balanced and effective productivity management, even when management resources are limited.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.