S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dept. of Medicine (의학과) The Seoul Journal of Medicine The Seoul Journal of Medicine Vol. 14 No.1 (1973)
인삼의 중추신경계에 대한 작용
The Effect of Panax Ginseng Saponin on Central Nervous System in Rat -The Psychopharmacological effect of Ginseng-
- 오진섭; 홍사악; 박찬웅; 노기석
- Issue Date
- 서울대학교 의과대학
- Seoul J Med, Vol.14 No.1, pp. 15-18
- The effect of Panax Ginseng saponin on central
nervous system was reported by many authors. But
there was no consistent opinion on central action of
We studied the effects of Panax Ginseng saponin
fraction on central nervous system through general
behavior observation. open-field exploratory behavior
and conditioned avoidance behavior.
The results are as follow:
1) The general behavior of rat in home cage was
not influenced by 2.5mg/kg of Ginseng saponin
fraction. but 10mg/kg of Ginseng suppressed
the general activity of rat.
2) Open-field exploratory behavior of rat was
greatly increased by injection of 2.5mg/kg and 5.0
mg/Kg of Ginseng saponin fraction compared with
3) ChlorpromazineCl. 25mg/g) suppressed the conditioned
avoidance behavior of rat. On the other hand.
Ginseng saponin fraction stimulated conditioned
avoidance behavior of rat.
4) These results suggest that Panax Ginseng
saponin fraction has the protective adaptogenic