S-Space Language Education Institute (언어교육원) Language Research (어학연구) Language Research (어학연구) Volume 19 Number 1/2 (1983)
한국어 논리적 연결어 소고 : A Study on the Korean Logical Connectives
- Issue Date
- 서울대학교 언어교육원
- 어학연구, Vol.19 No.1, pp. 11-18
- This is a study on Korean logical connectives.
1. Logical connectives are said to be the function λ: P→P. P is the set of propositions.
2. The function λ has four different values for the unary predicates and 16 different
values for the binary predicates.
3. Usually the language for the propositional calculus should be able to represent all
possible truth values.
4. However, the language made for this purpose usually follows the use of natural languages. such as not, and, or, if~ then~, etc.
5. The use in the natural language and the mathematical possibilities of logical connection shows a lot of differences.
6. As in the case of English, Korean logical connectives also does not have certain rule to identify their truth values, however, we can identify their special uses in most cases in terms of their context.
7. If the truth values are uncertain , we can clarify them by rewriting them into various different forms of expressions without change of their meaning.
8. Certain uses are not yet clarified, however, the further study according to the above methods, I think, will bring fruitful results.