S-Space Language Education Institute (언어교육원) Language Research (어학연구) Language Research (어학연구) Volume 30 Number 1/4 (1994)
15세기 국어의 'ㄱ-탈락, ㄷ→ㄹ 교체, 이-역행동화'
On the 'k-Deletion, t→r Alternation and i-Retrogressive Assimilation'
- Issue Date
- 서울대학교 언어교육원
- 어학연구, Vol.30 No.3, pp. 517-533
- The purpose of this paper is (1) to study k-deletion, t→r alternation, i-retrogressive assimilation, in 15th century Korean, (2) to study the functions of the copula and the causative-passive suffix(=CPS) '-i-', and (3) to study the relation among the three phenomena.
(1) In the ending, k-deletion occurs according to phonological environments. In order to describe it, I proposed that the phoneme of the copula is '-*iy-'. A copula and the CPS '-i-' operate phonologically on the k-deletion.
(2) The 't→r alternation' occurring in the ending is not a phonologically conditioned phenomenon but a morphologically conditioned alternation. Only a copula takes part in the 't→r alternation' and operates morphologically on it. Therefore, the 'k-deletion' differs from the 't→r alternation' in grammatical character.
(3) The i-retrogressive assimilation, at least, has to premise that diphthongs undergo phonetic variation. Only CPS '-i-' participates in i-retrogressive assimilation. And CPS functions morphologically and phonologically on the 'i-retrogressive assimilation'.