S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering (전기·정보공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_전기·정보공학부)
Design study of highly sensitive nanowire-enhanced surface plasmon resonance biosensors using rigorous coupled wave analysis
- Byun, Kyung Min; Kim, Sung June; Kim, Donghyun
- Issue Date
- Optical Society of America
- Opt. Express 13, 3737-3742 (2005)
- In this study, we investigated the sensitivity enhancement in
nanowire-based surface plasmon resonance (SPR) biosensors using rigorous
coupled wave analysis (RCWA). The enhancement, enabled by the
excitation of localized surface plasmons in gold nanowires, offers improved
performance in sensitivity as well as in reproducibility and customizability.
Calculation results found that a T-profile provides higher sensitivity than an
inverse T-profile in general and also determined optimum design parameters.
Our study on a nanowire-enhanced SPR biosensor demonstrates the
potential for significant improvement in the sensitivity through the
nanowire-mediated localized SPR.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.