S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dept. of Medicine (의학과) The Seoul Journal of Medicine The Seoul Journal of Medicine Vol. 04 No.3 (1963)
창출정유의 Serotonin 유리에 미치는 영향에 관한 실험적 연구
The Effect of Atractylol Oil on the Serotonin Liberation
- Issue Date
- 서울대학교 의과대학
- Seoul J Med, Vol.4 No.3, pp. 29-37
- The effects of Atractylol oil on the blood pressure,
5-hydroxytryptamine (Serotonin, 5 HT) liberation,
monoamine oxidase-, decarboxylase activity and urinary
excretion of 5-hydroxyindole acetic acid (5 HIA
A) were studied and compared with those of reserpine.
1. A small dose of Atractylol oil caused transitory,
while a larger dose sustaining fall of blood pressure.
2. 5 HT liberation of rabbit brain perfusate reached
its peak at 10.to 20 minutes after the administration
of Atractylol oil, which was followed by a gradual
decrease. This similar effects were observed with
3. Intestinal 5 HT content of rat appeared to
decrease by both of Atractylol oil and reserpine, in
which the effect of Atractylol oil was more marked
4. Venous blood 5 HT content of rat tended to
increase by both of Atractylol oil and reserpine, in
which the effect of Atractylol oil was also more
marked than reserpine. The similar effect were
observed in the l-isopropyl-2-isonicotinylhydrazine
(iproniazid) (IIH)treated animals , however , there existed
no differences between Atractylol oil and reserpine.
5. Atractylol oil and reserpine tended to increase
the decarboxylse activity of the rat kidney. The
ratios of increase were 1.08 with Atractylol oil and
1. 21 with reserpine, provided for the mean value in
control animals was 1. O.
6. 5 HIAA urinary excretion in rats tended to
increase in Atractylol oil and reserpine administrated
animal groups. The effect of Atractylol oil was more
prominent than that of reserpine.