S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Chemical Convergence for Energy and Environment (에너지환경 화학융합기술전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)
Dependence of non-Prestonian behavior of ceria slurry with anionic surfactant on abrasive concentration and size in shallow trench isolation chemical mechanical polishing
- Kang, Hyun-Goo; Kim, Dae-Hyeong; Katoh, Takeo; Kim, Sung-Jun; Paik, Ungyu; Park, Jea-Gun
- Issue Date
- Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Vol.45 No.5A, pp.3896-3904
- CMP; shallow trench isolation; ceria; oxide film; nitride film; surfactant concentration; non-Prestonian
- The dependencies of the non-Prestonian behavior of ceria slurry with anionic surfactant on the size and concentration of abrasive particles were investigated by performing chemical mechanical polishing (CMP) experiments using blanket wafers. We found that not only the abrasive size but also the abrasive concentration with s.urfactant addition influences the non-Prestonian behavior. Such behavior is clearly exhibited with small abrasive sizes and a higher concentrations of abrasives with surfactant addition, because the abrasive particles can locally contact the film surface more effectively with applied pressure. We introduce a factor to quantify these relations with the non-Prestonian behavior of a slurry. For ceria slurry, this non-Prestonian factor, beta(NP), was determined to be almost independent of the abrasive concentration for a larger size and a smaller weight conentration of abrasive particles, but it increased with the surfactant concentration for a smaller size and a higher concentration of abrasives with surfactant addition.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.