S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
N-(triphenylphosphoranylidene) aniline as a novel electrolyte additive for high voltage LiCoO2 operations in lithium ion batteries
- Lee, Je-Nam; Han, Gi-Beom; Ryou, Myung-Hyun; Lee, Dong Jin; Song, Jongchan; Choi, Jang Wook; Park, Jung-Ki
- Issue Date
- Electrochimica Acta, Vol.56 No.14, pp.5195-5200
- Additive; N-(triphenylphosphoranylidene) aniline (TPPA); Lithium cobalt oxide (LiCoO2); High voltage operation
- We report N-(triphenylphosphoranylidene) aniline (TPPA) as a new electrolyte additive for high performance lithium cobalt oxide (LiCoO2) electrodes during high voltage operations. When cycled in the voltage range of 3.0-4.4 V. graphite-LiCoO2 full cells with 0.2 wt%TPPA exhibited 10% increased discharge capacities after 200 cycles compared to those of control cells with no such additive. The enhanced cycling performance is attributed to the additive effect toward the modified surface films on LiCoO2 electrodes that suppress the decomposition of both solvent and salt in the electrolyte. This additive effect was characterized by electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS) and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS). (C) 2011 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.