S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Mesoporous silica-coated luminescent Eu3+ doped GdVO4 nanoparticles for multimodal imaging and drug delivery
- Kim, Taeho; Lee, Nohyun; Park, Yong Il; Kim, Jangwon; Kim, Jaeyun; Lee, Eun Yeol; Yi, Minyoung; Kim, Bong-Geun; Hyeon, Taeghwan; Yu, Taekyung; Na, Hyon Bin
- Issue Date
- RSC Advances, Vol.4 No.86, pp.45687-45695
- We describe a simple method for synthesizing mesoporous silica-coated luminescent europium-doped gadolinium vanadate (GdVO4:Eu3+@mSiO(2)) nanoparticles. Their biomedical applications as a potential imaging nanoprobe for both fluorescence imaging and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and as a simultaneous anti-cancer drug delivery vehicle are also discussed. Eu3+ doped GdVO4 nanoparticles exhibit strong red photoluminescence and the Gd3+ in GdVO4 can be used as a T-1 contrast agent for MRI. T-1-weighted MR contrast enhancement as well as sustained intracellular drug delivery can be achieved by the mesoporous silica layer coating onto a single nanoparticle. Enhanced T-1 MR contrast was proven by relaxometric studies on water access to the paramagnetic core. GdVO4:Eu3+@mSiO(2) nanoparticles as a new type of theragnostic (imaging and treatment) agent can provide new opportunities in a cancer treatment.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in Collections:
- College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Chemical Convergence for Energy and Environment (에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)Journal Papers (저널논문_에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)