S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Microbiology (미생물학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_미생물학전공)
Chemokine and cytokine production in susceptible C3H/HeN mice and resistant BALB/c mice during Orientia tsutsugamushi infection
- Yun, Ji-Hyun; Koh, Young-Sang; Lee, Keun-Hwa; Hyun, Jin-Won; Choi, Yeon-Joo; Jang, Won-Jong; Park, Kyung-Hee; Cho, Nam-Hyuk; Seong, Seung-Yong; Choi, Myung-Sik; Kim, Ik-Sang
- Issue Date
- Microbiol Immunol. 2005;49(6):551-7.
- Animals; Chemokines/*biosynthesis/genetics/metabolism; Cytokines/*biosynthesis/genetics; Interleukin-10/biosynthesis; Interleukin-12/biosynthesis; Mice; Mice, Inbred BALB C; Mice, Inbred C3H; *Orientia tsutsugamushi; Scrub Typhus/etiology/genetics/*immunology; Tumor Necrosis Factor-alpha/biosynthesis/genetics
- To understand the pathogenesis of scrub typhus, we examined chemokine and cytokine production in susceptible (C3H/HeN) and resistant (BALB/c) mice after infection with O. tsutsugamushi Gilliam. C3H/HeN mice produced high levels of chemokines macrophage inflammatory proteins 1 alpha (MIP-1 alpha ), MIP-2, monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP-1), and cytokines gamma-interferon (IFN-gamma ), interleukin-12 (IL-12), IL-10, and tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha ) in response to O. tsutsugamushi infection, compared to BALB/c mice. Chemokine profiles in infected mice correlated well with the kinetics of inflammatory cell infiltration. Hyperproduction of chemokines and cytokines was observed in another susceptible-infection model (BALB/c-Karp). These results suggest that hyperproduction of chemokines and cytokines are associated with susceptibility during O. tsutsugamushi infection.
- 0385-5600 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.