S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
A Study on Thermal Stability of CoSi2 Employing Novel Fine-Grained Polycrystalline Silicon/CoSi2/Si(001) System
- Bae, Jong-Uk; Sohn, Dong Kyun; Park, Ji-Soo; Han, Chang Hee; Park, Jin Won; Kim, Yeong-Cheol; Kim, Jae Jeong
- Issue Date
- Japan Society of Applied Physics
- Japanese Journal of Applied Physics 40 (2001) 6307-6310
- The cobalt silicide/fine-grained polycrystalline silicon (poly-Si) structure has been employed as gate electrodes in silicon-based very large-scale integration circuits. We have constructed a novel fine-grained poly-Si/cobalt silicide/silicon (001) structure to investigate the thermal stability of cobalt silicide at elevated temperatures. The dissociated cobalt atoms are observed to diffuse from fine-grained poly-Si/cobalt silicide and cobalt silicide/silicon (001) interfaces into the fine-grained poly-Si layer through poly-Si grain boundaries and the bulk cobalt silicide layer. The dissociated Si atoms at the cobalt silicide/silicon (001) interface are observed to grow epitaxilly on the silicon (001) substrate. This observation is consistent with previous results for circuits that employed amorphous Si instead of fine-grained poly-Si.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.