S-Space College of Veterinary Medicine (수의과대학) Dept. of Veterinary Medicine (수의학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_수의학과)
Multiplex targeting, tracking, and imaging of apoptosis by fluorescent surface enhanced raman spectroscopic dots
- Yu, Kyeong Nam; Lee, Sang-Myung; Han, Ji Yun; Park, Hyunmi; Woo, Min-Ah; Noh, Mi Suk; Hwang, Soon-Kyung; Kwon, Jung-Taek; Jin, Hua; Kim, Yong-Kweon; Hergenrother, Paul J.; Jeong, Dae Hong; Lee, Yoon-Sik; Cho, Myung-Haing
- Issue Date
- American Chemical Society
- Bioconjugate Chemistry, Vol.18 No.4, pp.1155-1162
- We have developed multifunctional fluorescent surface enhanced Raman spectroscopic tagging material (F-SERS dots) composed of silver nanoparticle-embedded silica spheres with fluorescent organic dye and specific Raman labels for multiplex targeting, tracking, and imaging of cellular/molecular events in the living organism. In this study, F-SERS dots fabricated with specific target antibodies (BAX and BAD) were employed for the detection of apoptosis. The F-SERS dots did not show any particular toxicity in several cell lines. The F-SERS dots could monitor the apoptosis effectively and simultaneously through fluorescent images as well as Raman signals in both cells and tissues with high selectivity. Our results clearly demonstrate that F-SERS dots can be easily applicable to multiplex analysis of diverse cellular/molecular events important for maintaining cellular homeostasis.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.