S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering (전기·정보공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_전기·정보공학부)
Characteristics of Intermixed InGaAs/InGaAsP Multi-Quantum-Well Structure
- Yeo, Deok Ho; Yoon, Kyung Hun; Kim, Sung June
- Issue Date
- Japan Society of Applied Physics
- Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 39 (2000) 1032
- InGaAs/InGaAsP multi-quantum-well; quantum well intermixing; photoluminescence; secondary ion mass spectroscopy; optical waveguide
- The intermixing of a InGaAs/InGaAsP multi-quantum-well (MQW) structure induced by SiO2 dielectric cap layer deposition and heat treatment was investigated. Photoluminescence experiments reveal a large blue shift of the effective bandgap for the intermixed quantum well. By secondary ion mass spectroscopy, the group III and V elements of a MQW are found to interdiffuse at a similar rate after the intermixing process. An optical waveguide was fabricated using intermixed material where a propagation loss reduction of 450 dB was recorded at a wavelength close to the original bandgap wavelength.
- 0021-4922 (print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.