S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Bioresorbable Electronic Stent Integrated with Therapeutic Nanoparticles for Endovascular Diseases
- Son, Donghee; Lee, Jongha; Lee, Dong Jun; Ghaffari, Roozbeh; Yun, Sumin; Kim, Seok Joo; Lee, Ji Eun; Cho, Hye Rim; Yoon, Soonho; Yang, Shixuan; Lee, Seunghyun; Qiao, Shutao; Ling, Daishun; Shin, Sanghun; Song, Jun-Kyul; Kim, Jaemin; Kim, Taeho; Lee, Hakyong; Kim, Jonghoon; Soh, Min; Lee, Nohyun; Hwang, Cheol Seong; Nam, Sangwook; Lu, Nanshu; Hyeon, Taeghwan; Choi, Seung Hong; Kim, Dae-Hyeong
- Issue Date
- ACS Nano, Vol.9 No.6, pp.5937-5946
- Implantable endovascular devices such as bare metal, drug eluting, and bioresorbable stents have transformed interventional care by providing continuous structural and mechanical support to many peripheral, neural, and coronary arteries affected by blockage. Although effective in achieving immediate restoration of blood flow, the long-term re-endothelialization and inflammation induced by mechanical stents are difficult to diagnose or treat. Here we present nanomaterial designs and integration strategies for the bioresorbable electronic stent with drug-infused functionalized nanoparticles to enable flow sensing, temperature monitoring, data storage, wireless power/data transmission, inflammation suppression, localized drug delivery, and hyperthermia therapy. In vivo and ex vivo animal experiments as well as in vitro cell studies demonstrate the previously unrecognized potential for bioresorbable electronic implants coupled with bioinert therapeutic nanoparticles in the endovascular system.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in Collections:
- College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Chemical Convergence for Energy and Environment (에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)Journal Papers (저널논문_에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)